Date(s) - March 4, 2023
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Categories No Categories
Saturday Sabbath Service
Zoom Meeting ID: 9578794364
By Phone Conference: (978) 990-5122
Access code: 7635688
SATURDAY SABBATH SERVICE NOTES
MARCH 4, 2023
HOW WE GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t leave us in spite of what we do or say but this doesn’t mean we can just do and say anything
ACT 7: 51-60
“ you stiff neck and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your father did, so do you.”
- In this scripture these people were opposing … resisting GOD.
The Definition of Resist 👉🏾 withstand the action or effect of:
Refrain from doing or having
- We can resist the Holy Spirit but we do not want to do that. Fighting against what the Holy Spirit teaches us. Is not what God wants us to do.
- In the above scripture , we see God fought against themFor resisting against him; the Holy Spirit. They grieved GRIEVED the HOLY SPIRIT.
- NOW If we RESIST against GOD and the Holy Spirit , God won’t fight against us, but we WILL reap what we sow.
The Definition of Seal 👉🏾 a device or substance that is used to join two things together so as to prevent them from coming apart or to prevent anything from passing between them
A finished transaction; ownership
- This is where the freedom in GOD comes in to play.
DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.
The Definition of grieved 👉🏾 suffer grief
Cause great distress to
“ Let no corrupt word, proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart Grace to hearers. “
- Grieving the Holy Spirit, is caused by what we say and what we to others. Words that are spoken with corrupt Words GRIEVE the Holy Spirit.
- Let no corrupt word or communication proceed out of our mouths.
The Definition of corrupt 👉🏾….. having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly
- Word that are harmful.; Things being said that hurt mentally or physically. Words that can make people sick. Words said out of corruption can make people very Unhealthy.
- The Holy Spirit gets us to see that things we say can make people shun you ( make them want to do nothing with you ) or make them NOT want to talk to you anymore
- Words can PENETRATE and CUT deep. Corrupt words can Make people upset and mess with them Emotionally. We have to realize that can affect relationships beyond repair by the words we say.
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t like that we grieve him
- In the Old Covenant,. GOD himself Fought against such spirit that resist and went against him.
- Saying corrupt things will affect someone in the negative way. This is grieving the Holy Spirit of God.
- Let no UNHEALTHY word come out your mouth. POWER and DEATH are at the POWER of the TONGUE!
- The WORD is the lamp to our feet the LIGHT into our pathway.
“ Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth , but what is good necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. “
In the above scripture edification means the building ……..
The Definition of Edification 👉🏾 the instruction or improvement of a person morally or intellectually
- Build people up. Speak those things that will EDIFY; improve WORDS that will help one another and not tear down. Strengthening others
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t like us putting one another down.
- We Frustrate thE GRACE OF GOD or grieve the Holy Spirit by the corrupt WORDS out of our mouths. The WORDS that we use to tear down one another.